We improve when we are evaluated, but we also improve when we evaluate others - because it forces us to look actively, critically and analytically at a speech, rather than just passively soaking it up.
And, at our next meeting on Tuesday 3 June, we have three opportunities for members to sharpen up their evaluation skills, get on stage and do some speaking, and help fellow members improve their skills by evaluating:
- Paul’s Level 1 speech (provided you’ve successfully passed L1 yourself)
- Kaarel’s Level 3 speech (provided you’ve successfully passed L3 yourself)
- Topics evaluation – evaluate our impromptu speaking
Member, lapsed member or first timer, all are welcome next Tuesday, 3 June at the London Irish Centre, 7pm-9pm, and you’ll get AT LEAST one chance to practice your public speaking in a supportive environment.
The agenda includes:
- Lindsay in the Chair
- Topics (impromptu speaking for all)
- Kaarel with a Level 3 speech (assignment: ‘Speech Construction’)
- Paul S with a Level 1 speech (assignment: ‘Making A Start’)
- General Evaluation from Sarah D